Second In-House Counsel Roundtable Discussion on COVID-19
Last Thursday morning, the In-House Advisor convened a second video conference of General Counsel and Corporate Counsel to discuss how their businesses are dealing with the COVID-19 crisis. As with the prior meeting, the in-house counsel present were from entities ranging from small, local companies, to large, multi-national enterprises. Here are some of the key takeaways from last week’s session:
Work from Home
- Don’t assume that because people are working at home everyone is available all the time
- People with small children have to take care of them; people with school-age children have to homeschool them.
- People with roommates may not be able to talk/video conference all the time
- Don’t assume that people who had been working at home part time can adapt any quicker and better than others. They were used to a different pace and working part time, so keep that in mind when you reach out to them.
- Everyone agreed that you have to put up boundaries from work so that you don’t burn out, but no one had a great way to do this as a practical matter.
- Video conferences are much more effective than telephone calls. People are more engaged and more get